| What are vinyl decals?
How long do they last?
- Vinyl decals are cut to shape, this eliminates the need for printing
inks and background material. Vinyl Decals are also called
Computer Cut Decals and Die-Cut Decals.
- Vinyl Cut Decals create a professional appearance for signs, windows,
cars, trucks, boats industrial & commercial equipment, in fact you
can apply vinyl decals to any clean smooth surface, so are great across many different applications. Vinyl graphics are provided on pre-spaced and pre-masked
sheet for a easy, quick and professional application.
How do I apply the decal?
- Depending on the vinyl used, they have an outdoor life from 1 year
up to 9 years. For standard colours, stickerart.com.au uses a vinyl that is rated up
to 7 years outdoors continuously. Please check our Colour
Chart for information on the outdoor life on other vinyl's. (If
using indoors or out of the elements, vinyl will last much longer).
Are vinyl decals reusable once they have
been applied to a surface?
- All orders for Vinyl Decals come with application instructions, you
can also view it online by Clicking Here.
Do vinyl decals wash off?
- No. Removing decals will cause them to stretch and tear.
Where can vinyl decals be used?
- No. Car washes and pressure washers are safe on decals, but do
take care when using high pressure hoses on the edges of the decal.
Will the decal fade over time?
- On any smooth & clean surface.
Will wax affect the decal?
- No. Vinyl is not printed, it is dyed and cannot fade.
Will the windscreen wipers affect decals?
- No, but when applying the wax, apply it by hand and avoid using
Can I use the decal on the inside of
- If the decal is applied correctly, the wipers should not lift the
Can you make multiple colour decals?
- Yes. When ordering the decal, you can specify that you want the
decal reversed or send an email indicating which decals you want reversed. However if the your windows are tinted, it may be difficult to see the decal from the outside and not recommended that decals be applied directly onto the tint.
Do you have colours other than what is
listed on your site?
- Yes, using layered vinyl colours, decals can be made in multiple
colours, however, this is considerably more expensive as there are
more materials and labour involved.
Are the decals weather proof?
- Yes. I do not stock all colors, but can get them in for an additional
If I remove a decal, will it damage my
paint or clear coat?
- Yes. Decals are not affected by rain, hail, snow, salt or hot and
Do decals affect window tint?
- No. The decal will actually protect the paintwork.
How do I remove bubbles after installation?
- No. Window tint is on the inside of the glass, decals are on the
outside. However, it is not recommend that you apply the decal directly
onto the tint if applying the decal on the inside of the glass.
Can I install decals on fresh paint?
- Most bubbles will disappear within a few weeks, if there are any
remaining, use a pin to pierce the bubbles and use your finger to press
the air out.
Can I clear coat over my decals?
- It is recommended that paint is left for at least 1 month be applying
- Yes. Follow your paint suppliers instructions for proper preparation.